Includes: Participant Workbook (61 pages)
The Intercultural Leadership: Skills for Teens curriculum contains interactive lessons and activities based on the nine characteristics of an interculturally skillful teen leader.
Interculturally Skillful Teen Leaders –
- Increase their understanding of their own cultural heritage.
- Develop a positive cultural self-concept.
- Learn about cultures different from their own.
- Serve as cultural mediators for those new to their cultural groups.
- Work on eliminating bullying, prejudice, and intolerance.
- Create inclusive, welcoming environments.
- Are opinion leaders and positive role models for others.
- Develop a personal vision that guides them.
- Facilitate positive change through action planning and intercultural partnerships.
The Intercultural Leadership: Skills for Teens is an excellent resource for teachers, counselors, church youth groups, scouts, and other youth organizations. The activities can be used at weekly meetings, 1 to 3 day workshops, or overnight retreats. Directions are easy to follow and can be facilitated by most adults and teens. The appendix contains get-acquainted, team building, and energizing break activities.
“This workshop is something that I have done for the past 4 years of my life, and it really helps me to make the right decision culturally and ethically. This program has made me proud of who I am and proud of my ethnic group and culture.” – Kevin, High School Student