Includes: Parent Workbook in English (92 pages) OR Spanish (Los Padres Para el Exito Academico Libro de Trabajo de los Padres)
The Parenting for Academic Success (PAS) curriculum is a series of ten units containing practical information and interactive activities developed to teach families the skills they need to:
- Provide their children with a home environment that promotes learning.
- Effectively monitor the performance of their children’s schools.
- Take a more active role on their children’s educational team.
- Help prepare their children for post-secondary education and the workforce,
- Ensure that their children’s academic success will lead to high school graduation.
PAS lessons are based on Building Blocks that lead to Academic Success:
- Families as First Teachers of Their Children
- The Importance of Academic Success
- Self-Concept and School Achievement
- Teaching Your Children Communication Skills
- Teaching our Children Decision-Making Skills
- Creating a Learning Environment at Home
- Working Through Obstacles to Academic Success
- Parents’ Role on the Educational Team
- Understanding the School System
- Preparing for Post-Secondary Education & the Workforce